Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Birthday, Addie!

When a child is born, so are grandmothers.  
          ~Judith Levy

Grandma Barb meets Addison Nicole for the first time!

     Today is my oldest grandchild and only granddaughter's birthday. Addison Nicole is 4 today. She has a very special place in my heart because she was the first one to open the world of grandchildren to me. When she arrived, I discovered a new kind of love-- and it is wonderful!  I am so glad she lives fairly close to me so I can see her fairly often. 

     To celebrate her birthday, of course I had to take a trip down memory lane with my photos. I am amazed at how much she has grown in just 4 years. She is very much a little girl, and a very smart one at that. And she loves to give hugs to her Grandma Barb. That's my favorite!!

     We will celebrate her birthday on Sunday, but I wanted to note this day as special by sharing a few of the photos I have been looking at! 

6 months old
Addie's first birthday!
All dressed up for a very special wedding!
Age 18 months
Age 2
Age 3 with playdough at Grandma's
Age 3 with ice cream!
Almost 4
Easter egg hung this year, almost 4
      Happy Birthday, Addie. Grandma loves you!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Your words ring true for this Grandma. Ayla Savannah Rose arrived early almost 13 yrs. ago but she made me a grandma. Unfortunately none of my grandchildren live near by but I still love being a grandma.

    ReplyDelete