Thursday, May 8, 2014

Watering the roses in the garden of my life

Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get.
                    ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


     It has been a long time since I have written a blog!  I just looked at the last one and it was written when the weather was a wintry nightmare. Today, our weather was perfect... just as it is supposed to be in Indiana in May. I can't really explain why I haven't spent time at the computer, except that I have had so many things occupy my time and my head.

     I will not bore you with details of how I have spent my time-- suffice it to say that it has been filled with grandchildren, children, friends, my mother and other family, my husband, with projects around the house and occasionally with my hobbies like knitting and the garden. Projects expand to fill the time I seem to have to devote to them-- and I find myself rarely satified with what I have accomplished at the end of a day. I guess what I am finding is that no matter how much I do or don't do, the day goes by too quickly. 

     The gift of time is like that-- we each get the same number of hours in the day. How we choose to use those hours is up to us. Back in my working life, I pushed my limits on how much I could accomplish in a day-- rising early, often staying up late. Retirement has allowed me to redefine how I look at time. However, I am discovering that free time can escape-- get away from me because I let it. I may be spending so much time "smelling the roses" that I forget to water them!

     And, of course, I have been spending so much time doing other stuff that I tell myself I don't have the time/energy to write a blog... 

     I enjoy the writing process. I love reading previous blog posts-- it really is a bit like a diary for me. I have heard from a few people who miss reading it. So... I will try to do better.


No comments:

Post a Comment